Thursday, December 13, 2007

The first smile

Little by little he's returning to life. He's still pretty out of it, but recognizes me and can say things like 'I love you' and 'I need a hug'. So I'm thrilled. He's uncomfortable, but not in pain. If he behaves himself tonight, we may be able to leave ICU tomorrow or early Saturday.

Steve Isham called from Tasmania and Ron was aware of the call. I was strengthened by a call and prayer time with Donna from Harbert Church. Kathi has been a rock, Sue, Liz, Janette, what would I do without you all???

With gratitude and joy,

Carol

5 comments:

Lowell & Tina said...

Praise God! That is awesome. Was delighted to read the most recent update. Please let Ron know our concern for him. He is blessed to have a strong woman by his side! Continued prayer...the Korfs

lizpava said...

Checking in pretty frequently and with less trepidation than a few days ago - hugs and kisses to Ron of course and special ones to Ariella and David who I'm thinking about! I'm so glad I just saw you in Boston - I knew it was a special day to spend with all of you and not only is it that much more special right now but I can see another one just as wonderful in the new year :-)

The Borg said...

How wonderful that Ron is "coming back"! Praise God!

Carol, needless to say, you've been an amazing wife to Ron. :)

artafact said...

Yippee! So, I'll be home for christmas...you can count on me...so HAPPY for you!

artafact said...
This comment has been removed by the author.