Thursday, December 13, 2007

It's all the head

Due to the episode last night, things are set back quite a bit and the likelihood is that he could be here quite a long time -- week. Ron's agitation is the entire issue now, and it is a serious one. There will not likely be an attempt to get him off the breathing tube before the weekend due to his mental state and need for sedation. Medically, he is doing great, his lungs are much better. Prayers for serenity are critical. Please pray that Ron has calmness of spirit, and stops panicking.

Personally I am now more distressed -- reeling would be the word. I was told that a tracheotomy will be performed after two weeks, and there seems to be a sudden surge of 'honesty' about the possibility of weeks in ICU. Apparently this is not that uncommon scenario in this situation. I am readjusting, but it will take a while for this news to sink in.

Carol

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Carol:
It's so hard to sit on the periphery, reading you posts, and waiting for good news. I'm such a doer and fixer. Wish I could lend some help other than prayers and words of support!

Thank heavens Ron's lungs are atronger. I will pray for calm now!