Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Touchdown Jesus!

Well, I said he was back to normal. That turned out to the be the key. Ron self-extubated while I was at lunch and the nurse stepped away. I came back just as he pulled the end of it out. Imagine the scene...a Fellow, 3 Resident doctors, 4 nurses and an intern all in crisis mode and Ron, the partridge in the pear tree, grinning. Talking. Joking. Smiling. Feeling human again. It is a remarkable transformation.

He is currently being examined by two Ear Nose and Throat doctors for any obstructions that might explain why he needed so many intubations. He will be able to eat and drink later. He sounds horase, but WONDERFUL.

Ecstatic Me

4 comments:

Steve Isham said...

Hallelujah. I love your image of the event. Attaboy Ron!

jane powers said...

He did WHAT????!!!!!

Oh, my gosh. Well, I guess you could say he is definitely back to normal mentally. :)

Unbelieveable!
sue

Anonymous said...

Dad told us about Ron, We're praying and thinking of you guys at the moment. I hope you make a good solid recovery Ron!

Love, Luke and Amy Isham

Anonymous said...

amen amen to the great I am..

cundiff's